In the first half of the REPLACE project, Energy Institute Hrvoje Požar (EIHP) worked tirelessly on the implementation of the planned REPLACE campaigns, despite the challenging situation with COVID-19.
- Three information hubs were established in the premises of Regional Energy Agency Kvarner, Renewable Energy Sources of Croatia and EIHP.
- The three Local Working Group (LWG) meetings that were already held were very successful, with all present LWG members contributing to discussion and giving their advice on possible obstacles and challenges. The first workshop took place on the 6th of October 2021 in Mali Lošinj.
- EIHP also did quite an effort in spreading awareness on REPLACE project at different workshops and conferences, such as the final local workshop of JOINT SECAP project on 23rd June 2021. The Energy Institute presented REPLACE at BLUE-GREEN HUB FORUM on 30th September 2021, COASTENERGY conference on 5th October 2021, as well as during the upcoming Zagreb Energy Week.
- Trips to best practice renewable heating and cooling examples are to be organized.
- The REPLACE Calculator will be used to conduct six techno-economic analysis of selected buildings in Rijeka, as well as on the islands of Cres and Lošinj. Moreover, the boiler labels have already been designed and prepared to be set up in households and inform end consumers avbout the advantages of climate friendly heating and cooling systems.